Friday, March 2, 2012

This afternoon post ride report

So finished up a quick 8miles at my favorite spot in the east bay and it happens to be 10 minutes from the shop so that's a bonus! After some fork maintenance earlier this week the bike completely changed on me :)

Prior to changing the fluids in the fork my max travel was 100mm max and that was pushing it, after the fluid change I got a full 120mm of travel! stoked! I have to fine tune it now but what a difference. What was strange is that the float chamber on the fork had much more fluid than 5cc of Float fluid it should and the lower leg was pretty much empty? My suspicion is the fork oil might be migrating into the Float chamber but we will have to see. I will recheck everything after a couple of rides and see.

All and all the dirt was really good and will be better this weekend! Looking forward to getting some of the Band together Sunday for a great outing in the back country.

Type Soon

Sean
 

No comments:

Post a Comment