Monday, July 23, 2012

The non professional WTB Frequency i19 TCS rim review

So I've been so impressed with the new WTB Frequency i19 TCS rims I thought I would give you some feedback on them after my second trip up to Downieville this past weekend. First I need to clarify that I'm not known for having the best line choices by my riding buddies! not that I don't have a agenda when I'm pointed down the trail but the fact is if I think to much about the line I'll screw it up anyways! Regardless these rims are very strong and for a 185lb rider, shitty line choices and rocks galore on Butcher trail (man it's getting tore up!) I've yet to dent or burp them! I'm running a WTB Bronson 2.3 AM TCS on the front and Wolverine 2.2 AM TCS rear. Also I'm running them tubeless (who doesn't?) and on that note this combo that WTB has created the TCS rim/tire is the best sealing set up I've used yet! They hold air for days! These are also very light rims at 385g so if I want to go xc racing I can bolt on some lighter rubber and park the Reverb for my Thomson and be ready to race at a sub 25lb's!

So there you have it another review from a guy who likes to ride.

For more info on WTB check out their site
http://www.wtb.com/news/

Liking the brakes so maybe the next review?

Sean

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm trying to decide between the 29 i19 and i23. I'm currently having spokes come loose repeatedly on some stans crest 29 rims, so I'm planning to replace them. I weigh 176 lbs, and ride aggressive cross country. What would your thoughts be on this? I'm leaning towards the i19 due to the light weight, but don't want the same troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brock,

    Yeah WTB makes some strong light hoops IMO.

    Today I'm back on a TRC and running the I23 with DT240s Hubs and they are staying true and dent free like the I19 did for me a couple bikes ago.

    I had the Enve on my TBLTC I just sold and they were crazy stiff but cost a $$$$$. From experience I believe the Crest is just a tad light rim for 29ers.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. do u need sealant for this with UST tire or the TCS?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete